Thursday, May 24, 2007

Details, details...

I just finished co-authoring a cookbook with my friend Andrea who is a wonderful chef. I've Got a Convection Oven in My RV. Now What? will be available as an eBook on the RV Bookstore website soon. For information, check the Healthy RV Cooking blog. Not many people can write a book in a month and I'm very grateful for my co-author's help. I'm also thankful for Chuck Woodbury's assistance in adding it to the RV Bookstore.

Now that the writing project is done, I've been going through the myriad details involved in selling my RV and buying another. The California DMV website has a checklist for both transactions and I printed two of each form I need. Now I just have to fill out my part and wait for the lucky buyer.

Since I'm a full-timer, I need to decide where I'm going to call "home." Right now, I'm based in northern California in the San Francisco Bay area. The place to start would be changing my address (for the last time) to the Escapees mail service in Livingston, Texas. Eventually, I will register my RV there, get a driver's license and register to vote. That will also give me an actual street address, not a post office box, to satisfy the Real ID Act. I'm sure you've heard of it by now. It states all Americans will need to prove they have a residence (house or apartment) with an actual address where there are utilities paid or accounted for. We full-timers don't have that and a post office box will not be acceptable. At least I won't be considered a terrorist once I have that permanent address.

I've already mentally moved everything out of the current RV to the new one. No sweat and no stress. Unloading the storage room will be heavy work but I'll have help. Maybe when the time comes, I can turn into Jeannie and blink the stuff over! Wouldn't that be nice?





to this








No comments:

Post a Comment