Wednesday, July 04, 2007

With a little help from my friends

My beloved old and gracious Wendy was purchased Monday by a very nice man who will be driving her to Burning Man. He and his friend picked her up today and she was a bit balky. Fortunately, my neighbor David was driving by and he had started her earlier in the week. He stopped and after knowing where to strike with my hammer, she started, ran and drove for the first of a few laps around the park. Not only did David get her started, he offered to wash her before the men left the park. They stopped at his fifth wheel where he had all the equipment necessary including a long-handled brush. I'm taking David and his lovely wife Lisa to dinner tonight to thank them, although their assistance is priceless.

Update on the current RV: today is the first day I don't have someone working on her or in her. All the work that could be done here was finished yesterday. The only remaining installations are the cold water connection to the shower faucet (neither of us could get our hands in far enough to reach it) and the new shower vent. Rick, another friend, will be over later to take care of those problems. Tomorrow morning, I take the RV to Midas where they have a bay large enough for motorhomes and they will install the tailpipes. Then I will have her smogged, drop her off at the park and register her. Keep your fingers crossed all the above activities go smoothly.

Friday morning, I will be leaving for Moscow, Idaho and the Life on Wheels conference. I hope to arrive on Sunday which will give me a bit of a breather before the classes begin on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment