Friday, December 23, 2011

RVer Malia Lane shares her favorite RV holiday memory

Full time solo RVer Malia Lane who is spending this holiday season in her homebase of Austin, Texas, sent in this story about a favorite holiday memory in her recreational vehicle:

"The first Christmas I celebrated in my new rolling home was in Charleston, South Carolina, in 2001.

"I was traveling with my best friend who had introduced me to RVing - the best Christmas present ever. I cooked a full-on Christmas feast in my tiny kitchen and it turned out to be one of the best meals and times ever, complete with a wreath, fragrant candles and wine from plastic glasses.

"We decorated a rather sad looking little tree outside the RVs and laughed about it looking like a real Charlie Brown Christmas tree. We took a trip to the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC, and were excited as little kids with how they had each room elaborately decorated with huge trees and different themes celebrating the holiday.

"Several times I've been asked if I was sad about being away from 'home' during the holidays. From the very beginning, my little 350 sq. ft. space has felt like home and no matter where it's parked, I celebrate being home for the holidays.

"Sometimes I've celebrated with family and other times I've embraced new friends who feel like family by the time the new year has arrived. Either way, I am thankful for the freedom and gifts this lifestyle brings. Merry Christmas to all and to all happy trails!" 

Read Malia's "Inspiration's Journey"

Photo: Malia Lane sitting at her first Christmas dinner on the road. Courtesy of Malia Lane.

To read more by Julianne Crane, click on RVWheelLife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment