Monday, November 19, 2007

Yet another reason...

...I'm glad I'm an RVer.

I subscribe to the federal Emergency Email and Wireless Management notifications. This morning, I read the "2007 Holiday Travel Security Guidelines Update." I'm always grateful I have no need to fly any more. Here are their guidelines:

Not sure about what you can and can't bring through a checkpoint? Here's a list of liquid, aerosol and gel items that you should put in your checked bag, ship ahead or leave at home:

Gravy
Wine, liguor and beer
Other beverages
Salad dressing
Oils and vinegars
Jams
Jellies
Cranberry sauce
Salsa
Soups
Sauces
Cakes
Pies
Creamy dips

If you purchase anything at the gift shops before the checkpoint, the following are prohibited:

Perfume
Cologne
After shave
Lotio
Wine, beer and liquor
Gift baskets with food items like salsa, jams and salad dressings

If you are bringing presents, they have to be unwrapped so they can be examined.

Basically, pretty much everything in my kitchen can't fly and if I were traveling to visit relatives or friends, I couldn't bring them a special food item from another area of the country. That means Mama Lee's gumbo from Gretna, LA and that delicious marionberry jam from Silverton, OR travel by RV from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment