Friday, May 02, 2008

Change of scenery



These are pictures of the Russian River Thousand Trails preserve in Cloverdale, California. Please note the new generator door. I went for a weekend visit and have been hired as a workamper beginning May 15. It is so refreshing to be back to nature again.

Located along the Russian River, the park has kayaks and tubes to rent, birds and other animals to watch, and wi-fi in the lodge. There is a small store and an outdoor area with games. I will be assisting with the store, kayaks and tubes, and activities like the ice cream social, pancake breakfast and movie night.

The other nice aspect of the park is you can do absolutely nothing. It's quiet except for the jays and the sound of an occasional truck a half mile away on Highway 101.

Camping World taught me a great deal about RVing from the technical side of operations and I learned more than I thought I would. It's time to move on and enjoy the great outdoors.

I've seen some of the other Thousand Trails preserves in their system as well as the reciprocal parks. It would certainly be nice to visit them all. Who knows? It could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment