Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beat the mouse (finale)?

I picked up the humane mousetrap from the post office in lovely downtown Lagunitas today and it's baited with peanut butter on the floor in his usual running path. the mousetrap will only hold one mouse at a time and I plan to deliver each of my captives to the creek far, far away from my RV.

Update: 10:00 PM Wednesday, May 20, the trap closed with Beat inside. I rounded up two women from the girls kayaking club who were camping here. One had a lantern and they lighted the way to Beat's new home away from the campers in the underbrush next to a large redwood. He scampered away within seconds.

I went back inside and reset the trap--just in case.

At 5:00 AM, I heard a commotion in the trap. Yep, Beat invited friends. I stayed in bed until light and then we took a stroll to the creek so he could join his buddy.

I went back inside and reset the trap--just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment